PRIDE BN PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS
Welcome to the Pride Bn Promotion Eligibility Requirements page. This section is provided for the Cadets and the Parents of Cadets.
One of the most important parts of the Leadership program is the ability of Cadets to be promoted to higher leadership positions and rewarded with increased responsibilities.
For a Cadet to be eligible for promotion there are requirements that need to be met before the approval of the Marine Instructor. Listed below are some of the basic requirements for promotions. Just because a Cadet meets the basic requirements for promotion it does not mean that the Cadet will be promoted. Meeting the requirements makes a Cadet eligible for promotion not approved for promotion.
BASIC PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduates of the Cadet Officers Leadership Academy (COLA): Cadets that graduate from COLA as Cadet Privates in August are eligible for promotion to Cadet Private First Class in December as long as they meet all the basic requirements listed in paragraphs 3 to 6.
2. Students that do not attend the Cadet Officers Leadership Academy (COLA): These students are considered Candidates until the second semester of the school year. At the beginning of the second semester the Candidates will have met the basic required knowledge of level I of the MCJROTC program. These students will be appointed as Cadet Privates in the Pride Bn Corps of Cadets. These Cadets will be eligible for promotion to Cadet Private First Class in May of the Second Semester of school.
3. Be a member of a STEM and or Athletics team in the Pride Bn. This membership must be consistent for a minimum of four months. The membership in the STEM and or Athletics must be continuous throughout the Leadership program. Failure to maintain membership in a STEM and or Athletics team will result in an immediate administrative reduction in rank. The Cadet will be reduced one rank per week that the Cadet is not a member of a STEM and or Athletics team.
4. Composite score that meets the Cutting score for Promotion:
|CADET PRIVATE FIRST CLASS||C/PFC||C/PFC||1470.0|
|CADET LANCE CORPORAL||C/LCPL||C/LCpl||1515.0|
|CADET STAFF SERGEANT||C/SSGT||C/SSgt||2290.0|
|CADET GUNNERY SERGEANT||C/GYSGT||C/GySgt||2390.0|
|CADET FIRST SERGEANT||C/1STSGT||C/1stSgt||2550.0|
|CADET SERGEANT MAJOR||C/SGTMAJ||C/SgtMaj||2550.0|
|CADET SECOND LIEUTENANT||C/2NDLT||C/2ndLt||2290.0|
|CADET FIRST LIEUTENANT||C/1STLT||C/1stLt||2290.0|
|CADET LIEUTENANT COLONEL||C/LTCOL||C/LtCol||2550.0|
4.a Best Qualified Cadet for the Promotion Allocation:
- The best qualified Cadets to fill the promotion allocations for the promotion period.
- The promotion allocations will be announced the first week of the Month.
- The whole Cadet Record will be evaluated; PFT, GMS, Drill Test, Inspection attendance, performance in STEM / Athletics etc..
- Promotion board will be held the second week of the Month; place and time will be determined by the Pride Bn Sergeant Major.
5. Satisfactory Proficiency and Conduct:
- Cadets receiving Demerits for talking in class / Disrupting the learning environment will be counseled by the Marine Instructor and be assigned to probation for one month with Extra Military Instruction (EMI) for two Fridays after school for one hour (1400 to 1500)
- Cadets receiving demerits for disrespect and dismissal from class will be counseled by the Marine Instructor and be assigned to probation for three months with Extra Military Instruction (EMI) for four Fridays after school for one hour (1500 to 1600)
- Cadets not attending Weekly Inspections are not eligible for Promotion. Will be assigned to probation and Extra Military Instructions (EMI) on Fridays for one hour (1400 to 1500) this hour will not count towards the inspection.
- Grooming Standards: Be within standards daily per regulations.
- Drill Movements: Pass the Individual Training Standards (ITS) for rank. Pass the Drill Test.
- Physical Fitness: Pass the Noble, YPFT, MCPFT, and Service Academy Physical Fitness Assessment
- Marine Corps Knowledge: Pass the General Military Subjects (GMS) Test.
- Leadership Evaluations: Pass with 85%
6. Recommendations by the Cadet’s Leadership:
- Squad Leader: Recommendation
- Platoon Sergeant: Recommendation
- Platoon Commander: Recommendation
- Company Staff: Recommendations must be submitted to the Battalion Adjutant no later than 0800 on the Second Monday of the Month.
- Battalion Command Staff: Second Wednesday of the Month – Confirm Recommendations for Promotions and recommend approval to the Marine Instructor.
- Parent: Second Thursday of the Month – Recommendation Letter of approval by parents (letter sent home with the Cadet on the Second Thursday of the Month and due to the Battalion Adjutant no later than the third Monday of the Month by 0800)
- Marine Instructor: Final Approval of Recommendations for promotion.