The Cadet Officer Leadership Academy (COLA) is designed for the purpose of screening, evaluating and training Candidates to a basic leadership level that will assist the Candidate in continued development as a leader. The COLA 2018 will convene on the 23rd of July to the 16th of August 2018. The hours of operations are from 0700 to 1400, (7 am to 2 pm). The Academy is not a mandatory to attend. Attendance to the COLA will award the Candidate enrichment credit hours upon graduation. The Candidate has a one-year obligation to the MCJROTC program upon graduation. Upon graduating the Candidate will earn the title Marine Corps Cadet and most of all a Pride Battalion Cadet.
MISSION AND ORGANIZATION
MISSION. To train, evaluate, and screen ITW Speer Academy MCJROTC Cadets and Cadet Candidates to ensure that they possess the moral, intellectual, and physical qualities for admission to the ITW MCJROTC Pride Battalion and after admitted as a Marine Corps Cadet for promotions to Staff Non Commissioned Officers (SNCO) and Commissioned Officers (CO) and the leadership potential to serve successfully as company and Battalion grade officers in the ITW David Speer Academy Campus. These cadet SNCOs and Officers will assist the Deans of Discipline in the good order and discipline of the campus.
OBJECTIVES – The objectives of the MCJROTC are as follows:
1. Develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. Develop leadership skills.
3. Strengthen character.
4. Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
5. Help form habits of self discipline.
6. Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for a constituted authority in a representative republic society.
7. (Additional ITW objective) To produce efficient problem solvers, innovators, and leaders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.