Cadet Officer Leadership Academy 2018
July 23 to August 13, 2018
Pride Battalion Motto – “LEADING FROM THE HOME”
The Cadet Officer Leadership Academy (COLA) is a voluntary leadership education designed for those Candidates that want to start their leadership education before the beginning of the school year. The Leadership Academy is four (4) weeks in duration. Successful completion of the Academy with a final grade of 80% or better, the Candidate will earn about 80 hours of enrichment. Completion of the Leadership Academy appoints the Candidate as a Cadet Private; of which the Cadet will be eligible for regular promotions in December of the fall semester following graduation from the Leadership Academy. Students that do not attend the Leadership Academy will be appointed as Cadet Private at the beginning of the Second Semester of the school year and will be eligible for regular promotions in May of the second Semester. The COLA 2019 will convene on the 15th of July to the 9th of August 2019. The hours of operations are from 0700 to 1400, (7am to 2pm). This is not mandatory school to attend.
MISSION AND ORGANIZATION
MISSION. To train, evaluate, and screen ITW Speer Academy MCJROTC Cadets and Cadet Candidates to ensure that they possess the moral, intellectual, and physical qualities for admission to the ITW MCJROTC Pride Battalion and after admitted as a Marine Corps Cadet for promotions to Staff Non Commissioned Officers (SNCO) and Commissioned Officers (CO) and the leadership potential to serve successfully as company and Battalion grade officers in the ITW Speer Academy Campus. These cadet SNCOs and Officers will assist the Deans of Discipline in the good order and discipline of the campus.
OBJECTIVES – The objectives of the MCJROTC are as follows:
1. Develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. Develop leadership skills.
3. Strengthen character.
4. Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
5. Help form habits of self discipline.
6. Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for a constituted authority in a representative republic society.
7. (Additional ITW objective) To produce efficient problem solvers, innovators, and leaders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Cadet Officers Leadership Academy (COLA) 2018
Cadet Officers Leadership School (COLS) 2017
Cadet Candidate School 2016